Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Assist teachers in care of children.
• Monitor children during nap.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of guidance techniques to use with children.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to use personal computers.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
EVC - Student must have prior experience in child care or have taken child development coursework or currently be enrolled in child development coursework. Must be able to get on children's level (squatting, sitting on floor); must be able to stay calm and patient in stressful situations; must be willing and able to perform custodial tasks related to work with children.